We notice when something is changing, not when it has changed.
We are made this way.
- To attend to the acceleration, not the constant speed
- To catch the approach of a predator, not the constant sway of the grass
- To feel the crawl of a spider, but not the constant warmth of the sun
We notice when we are jarred from our reverie into attention.
We are made this way. But…
- If acceleration becomes constant speed.
- If predators crouch to blend in.
- If spiders stop to take a bite.
We may stop noticing.
We are made this way, too.
Oh, stillness, thank you, for drawing my attention back to constancy.
- constant motion
- constant sway
- constant warmth.
We are also made this way.
Beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. ~ Philippians 4:8